Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort
Make a Note
- Ten lifts - There are ten lifts whose aspirations to reach the top match your own, but there's just something special about the Tram at Snowbird.
- Local knowledge - People actually want to get stuck up the canyon when it snows really, really hard, restricting access to and from the valley. On these special days, all the powder is reserved for the lodgers.
- The big-horn-sheep's-eye view - The view from the canyon includes Mount Superior, Peruvian Gulch, Gad Valley and the Twin Peaks area overlooking Mineral Basin.
- Guided skiing - The slopes of Mineral Basin are a must see. For this reason, consider snowcat-accessed guided skiing at Snowbird. It’s a terrific tour led by the experienced Snowbird ski patrol that grants access to Mineral Basin's wide-open 500 acres of adventure.
- Not into tours? - Consider finding your way into Mineral Basin and the Lupine Loop (a beginner's trail) via North America's only ski tunnel, the Peruvian Tunnel. It’s a 600-foot-long conveyor lift that shuttles snow enthusiasts to their next big adventure, with dance music to amp things up.
- Heli-skiing - The Wasatch Powderbirds heli-skiing guides will serve up all the dry, virgin powder you crave.
- Run tip - Snowbird has a beginner terrain park, but for freestyle skiers and riders already amped up on life, head for Chip's Run, a 2.5-mile-long run where snowboarders build jumps and take on a natural quarter pipe.
Read about more winter things to do and places to stay in Salt Lake:
- The Aerie (fine dining)
- SeventyOne (fine dining)
- The Summit (casual dining)
- Baked & Brewed Cafe (casual dining)
More fine and casual dining options
Are you a skier looking to double your terrain? It's easy to get from Snowbird to Alta thanks to a shared ridge between Mt. Baldy and Sugarloaf Mountain. Skiers looking to continue their exploration of the Wasatch Range without driving to a new resort can purchase a pass to gain access to some of the world's premier ski-only terrain, including near instant gratification on Alta's top-rated High Traverse to Alf's Rustler trail.
Get Your Wings at Snowbird
Five Sweet Wintertime Highlights at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort
Summer at Snowbird
Hike, bike, zip and coast, dine and relax in style on some of Utah's best mountain terrain.